Friday, July 31, 2009

All Christians Need To Rise Up & Witness

I am not simply out to market my book, "The Judgement Line," which releases on 09/08/09, this is extremely important to me but of greater importance is the message contained within the book itself. It calls Christians to action to witness to others in the world who do not, or have not received the good news of the saving grace of Jesus Christ. Before our Lord, and Savior left this earth He met with His faithful disciples one last time on the mountain called Olivet there He charged them to,”Go into the entire world and preach the gospel to every creature. He who believes and is baptized will be saved; but he who is not saved will be condemned." (Mark 16:15-16, NKJ) Jesus did not say become a Christian and hide it from the world in fact He did say, "For whoever is ashamed of me and my words in this adulterous and sinful generation, of him the Son of Man also will be ashamed when He comes in the glory of His Father with the holy angels." (Mark 8:38, NKJ)
Jesus never intended us to sit in the pew each Sunday listening to the words of the gospel, then hide His words within our sinful hearts, and get up to leave the church never to think of them again until the next Sunday. He never intended us to decide who could, and could not attend our church. What makes us better than anyone else that walks through the door? Certainly not the clothes we wear, the amount of money in our checking account, nor the color of our skin. No matter who it is, or what they have done they should be welcome, and invited to attend our Churches. None of us are any less guilty of sin then the other. Jesus Christ was the only man who walked this earth whose heart contained no evil, no sin. As a matter of fact why do we think we can contain Jesus, and our heavenly Father, within the walls of a church? God is everywhere, and Jesus said. “For where two or three are gathered together in My name, I am there in the midst of them.” (Matthew 18:20, NKJ) My point is we need to be out I the world witnessing to others by word, and deed.
If the person next to us grabs their chest and drops to the ground do we look at the way they are dressed first before we try to save their lives? No, we ask them if we can help, and if they are not conscious we attempt to help them either by starting CPR or calling the Rescue squad on our cell phone. So why is it we deny them the news that we are saved through Jesus Christ. Jesus had no requirements of those who came to listen to Him, nor did He refuse to feed or heal them. Even those He knew would go home immediately and forget His kindness, He denied them not. When He healed the ten lepers do you remember how many came back to thank Him? One, how sad is that? But Jesus continued to offer the same love to every individual that approached Him, the same love that He offers to you, and me today. I have to say it, “How awesome!” Jesus still loves me the same today, as He did yesterday, and as He will tomorrow. So why can’t we treat our fellow human beings the same? We can if we offer them the same gift Jesus has offered to us, the gift of grace, and mercy. So what if they don’t act like they are listening. So what if they are strung out on drugs, or dressed in weird or dirty clothing, at least we offered them the same love Jesus offered us. After all where were we when He found us? Don’t remember, think about it then look at the person next to you one more time through the eyes of Jesus, they don’t look so bad do they?
Action point: Go and witness to the world, and until next time I wish you God’s love, and blessings.

1 comment:

Ed Barbie said...

I am with you and Jesus, Nadine.
I broke the ice on witnessing last July, 2008 at the cancer ward. It is a step I never thought I would take. Reaching out to that first person transformed her from cursing our Lord, into prayer to Jesus. I had to take a leap of faith to help her.
I was there at the table in prayer for my brother. Being in prayer, is the reason I believe that I was able to help her. We talked. We prayed. I believe that I was used as an instrument at that moment to help. I taught her the prayer I was saying. I gave her the means to cope with the impending loss of her daughter. The transformation in her was miraculous. It was this test I was given that made all the other people I've witnessed to, so much easier. God Bless you Nadine. Ed